Saturday, March 27, 2010

i want to love you, pretty young thang.

Okay so I'm not sleeping like I should be. Instead, I'm sitting at the computer blogging again. I don't even have a topic in mind, actually, I just thought I'd write...


Well how about I start with what I did tonight!? I watched the ending of "A Cinderella Story" and I cried like a twelve-year-old when Chad Michael Murray kisses Hilary Duff in the rainstorm at the final football game of the season. Well crying is a bit of an exaggeration, it was more of a teary-eyed-all-choked-up kind of thing. I have an excuse. Ladies, you understand :)


Then, I watched "Ghosts of Girlfriend's Past" and liked it quite a bit. The film made me miss my boyfriend who is in Florida. He told me he watched fireworks tonight which made him miss me a little more. The first time we ever watched fireworks together was on May 24 Weekend (Victoria Day Weekend in Canada) a few years back in a ravine close to a friend's house. We were laying on the grass and looking up at the fireworks just snuggling up there. Despite the people around us and the cars passing by, it was just the two of us.


When I was younger, every Canada Day would be a celebration of fireworks and family. I would dream of a day when I could watch fireworks with a boy--holding me and kissing me with every explosion. I got my wish.


Knowing that he missed me tonight, while watching those fireworks in Florida, made me feel calm inside. It made watching chick-flicks tonight seem legit. It made everything perfect.


Throughout this entire relationship, I've learned something about myself. I enjoy seeing my boyfriend-no doubt about that! But, if I can't see him, I will live. One thing I can't live without, though, is communicating with him.


When he told me he was going to Florida, he also said he wouldn't be bringing his phone (roaming charges, texts are expensive, ladidadida) but he brought his phone nonetheless and has promised to text me every evening. I anticipated hearing from my boyfriend all day and when I finally did, the notification alone brought a smile to my face.


I've learned that knowing the person I love is alive, breathing, and thinking of me is the most amazing piece of information I will ever know. I'd be happy knowing just that even if I could never see the person I love. It would suck, but I could do it.


Really though, I need some shut eye. XOXO, Gossip Girl :)

1 comment:

Barry said...

I'm glad you guys have such a great relationship! Posts like this bring a smile to MY face, I'm just a great big sap that way.