Sunday, June 7, 2009

being busy in the summer makes the time go by really fast.



I just got home from a 40 hour work week. Between Kelsey's, writing and editing for FutuReale, and training for my position as a student leader at my school (STAMP Leader), I haven't had a good night's sleep or really relaxed at all. So, I am finally home at 8 p.m. on a Sunday. I will probably go to sleep early tonight and sleep in late tomorrow and have a relaxing day off before I start my work week again on Tuesday.

This week, I work Tuesday-next Tuesday. Tuesday-Friday and next Tuesday at Kelsey's, Saturday and Sunday are a part of my summer camp training, and Monday I am working Convocation at my school from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. As much as I keep saying how little time I have, I like being busy. For starters, being busy means that I'm not bored or suffering from cabin fever. It also means that there is some sort of cash flow coming in every other week. That certainly doesn't hurt at all! It also means meeting new people which is super awesome for me because I'm always open for meeting newbies. The only really negative things that I can think of about all of this is that I haven't slept well in a few nights and my cold hasn't gone away. It's sort of gotten worse. I still can't breathe, I'm bloated, I'm sneezing, and I'm coughing. Hopefully a good night's sleep tonight will do me justice!

Other than that, it's the fact that I don't have the same time as I used to to write in my blog. I like posting something every day, or ever few days at least, just to practice my writing and add something to my archive even if it is about something as simple as my work week. 

I think I'll start here with some quick point form weekly updates before I go make myself a tea and get ready for sleep--ahh finally:

- I worked a double shift on Thursday
- I went to Kelso Lake in Milton for the first time with my fellow STAMP team
- I made some new friends and met tons of new people this weekend
- I went to a few get togethers this weekend as well, haven't gone to one in a while and it felt good to go out. 
- I randomly went downtown on Tuesday with my friend because we were so bored in the GTA. We went to Bloor St., walked up and down, and got an Iced Cap. 
- I've been sick for about 5 days and I don't see a breakthrough of sunshine coming anytime soon
- If I didn't have a calendar, I'd be lost!
- I organized my courses for next semester--it's looking like I am going to have 2 days off but a really un-exciting elective.
- I got my hair cut! More layers, less mop.
- I messaged singer and songwriter Matthew Barber randomly on Myspace a few weeks ago and he messaged me back saying "Hey, thanks for listening and tell your friends." I totally wasn't expecting a message but it made me happy because I'm loving his music.

...that's all I can think of at the moment besides my tea. So, xoxo--have a good night.

I can't wait to sleeeeeep!

No comments: