Sunday, April 19, 2009

a random poem i wrote.


When I was younger, I would always write poems. I was told that I was very good at it so I figured I'd try again and post it. 

Here I am again,
trapped inside these four walls
with nothing left to do but 
think,
           write,
                  and
                            read.

I have big dreams,
                                     though.

I want to be the talk of the town,
the big girl on campus,
the one who wears the crown.

My problem?
I hate when 
                        all
                                eyes
                                     are
                                           on
                                                  me.
I quake,
studder,
and shake.

When I talk I get all choked up 
inside,
but hand me a pencil
and I've calmed the
tide.

Writing sets me free.
It protects me from studdering,
but still lets me be.

Here in this world I stand 
(without a microphone),
but in my hand
I hold my pen.

"Let me write," 
I manage to squeek.
"You can sing,
she can dance,
he can speak,
and
they can paint.
All are creative,
but 
let 
me 
be."

                              

No comments: