Tuesday, October 18, 2011

an attempt to reconnect.

For a while now, every time I want to write a blog post, I feel the urge to start it with, "I am so sorry that I haven't written in ages." Well, I'm over that. I'm actually over a lot these days.

Since the last time I've written a lot has changed. My boyfriend of four-and-a-half years is now my ex-boyfriend. We broke up about a month-and-a-half ago. I was horribly distraught at first. But now, I am actually a lot better, a lot happier than I ever thought I would be.

I guess the reason I was always so down before was because I was unhappy in the relationship I was in. I'm not saying that the person I was with for almost five years is a bad person. He isn't. We just kept making excuses. We kept telling each other that we were in it for the long haul, but that long haul would have probably been the death of us. Literally.

Instead, I'm focusing on me and surrounding myself with people who bring a smile to my face on the regular. It's great medicine.

No comments: