Sunday, April 17, 2011

procrastination 101

I start my internship tomorrow at the CBC. I'm so excited and so nervous all at the same time. I've been preparing myself all week: Staying updated with the news, reading and highlighting Writing for CBC Television (the corporation's must have book), and reminding myself that I can do this.

I also have two exams to study for. But, besides being super psyched and focusing most of my time on prepping for CBC, I've been spending this weekend either singing Dallas Green, taking pointless Photo Booth photos of myself, blogging about nothing at all (ahem, this post is a great example), or going to take little adventures (yesterday, I went to tour a nut factory with my dad. Don't ask me how on earth I got suckered into doing that, but it was actually pretty sweet).

Today, being Palm Sunday and all, has been centred around going to church, family, and what else other than eating my weight in carbohydrates. Yum!

But on that note, I'm making a goal for myself to accomplish this summer. I'm going to try and cut pasta out of my diet. My mom was literally in shock when I told her. My good ol' Italian mommy....But, I want to see if I can do it. No, that doesn't mean I'm starving myself (hell no...I love food too much)! And, don't worry, Sundays are going to be my cheat day. Today counts as being a cheat day, for the record. I'd like to lose the little muffin top I have growing around my belt line and I think giving up pasta is a good start. 

I exercise five days a week, eat plenty of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, and only drink water (pop and I have never really cooperated). I'm going to start with the pasta challenge, and then I'm going to see if I can reduce how much red meat I eat to ensure I can continue to stay healthy or even get healthier! We'll see what happens, I suppose.

That's all for now...

I have to actually try and study before my Nonna arrives with scrumptious Sunday food.

No comments: