Sunday, March 20, 2011

a little blurb for a lot of passed time.

Sorry I haven't written in what feels like the longest hiatus ever. I've been busy with school, work, and life (you know, the usual). But, I'm done making excuses about all that. My blog is where I can be myself entirely, practice my writing, and it also provides sweet therapy (writing my thoughts, feelings, and aspirations has always made me feel at ease). So, I'm not going to abandon it anymore. I'm back, back for good.

Now for the good stuff!

I had an interview at the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) just over a week ago for an internship. I haven't heard back yet, but I'm stoked because I was considered. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world (as lame and Taylor Swift as it sounds). The CBC is one of the best and most trusted media outlets in Canada, never mind Ontario. And, I, third year Media Studies student, got the opportunity to go to the Toronto location, introduce myself, and show my face. Two of my good friends from school got interviewed, as well. 

I also had the chance to practice anchoring for my school newscast last week. I never thought I wanted to be an anchor, but I figured I'd better try it out (because, you never know). I wasn't the greatest on-camera talent, I must admit, but I'm happy I pushed myself to give it a shot. I've been trying to do that a lot lately: Try something new every day. I've been keeping it up, too.

A week today I will be helping out at the SheSoFab magazine photo shoot, where women will get to come get their photo taken and tell the world why they are fabulous. To boot, I've been contributing to the magazine's blog a minimum of three times a week. I feel very blessed.

Anyways, that's all I have time for today. I have a lot going on until the end of the semester, but I can't believe summer is so close! In just about a month I will be done my third year. In a year, I will have my undergraduate degree. Cheers to that!

Until next time...

No comments: