Friday, June 11, 2010

solid ground below.

I just read over my last post and I realized that I made working seem miserable, which is a complete lie. I love working. I look forward to waking up and having a purpose set to my day. I love feeling busy and as though every single second of my time is consumed by things to do, people to help, paperwork to fill out, and e-mails to write. I just get a little sad whenever I have to say "no" to plans because I'm working. I always feel like I'm a star in a really lame movie who transitions from a girl with tonnes of goals to a woman with too much work and too little time. I'll probably be a workaholic, if I'm not already one, by the time I'm 30. 


This is probably only my perspective though... 


Today my neighbour asked me, "So, are you even working this summer?" RUDE. People expect so much from me, it makes me sick. I'm still going to have worked two jobs by the time the summer is through. I'm not lazy. I'd rather be working but I do value the time I've had off. Jeez, all of these people adding extra stress to my days...


In reality, though, I'm over what people think of me. Think what you want. Pretend you know me. Imagine that I'm a lazy girl who just goes out for tea with her boyfriend once a week, joined a kickboxing class, blogs, and does yoga. Assume all you want because no matter how hard you try to understand me and know me enough before you can judge, my shoes will keep growing in size making them the hardest pair you'll ever have to fill.


With that being said, know that I am not conceited, at all. I don't have a lot of confidence some days and then other days I feel so intelligent. I have drive and I want to do a lot of things on my own mental to-do list, that tonnes of people don't even know I have. Nothing is etched in stone for me. I'm happy where I am right now and you don't have to agree with me.

No comments: