Saturday, June 12, 2010

argentina vs. nigeria.

I watched the second half of the Korea vs. Greece game this morning where Korea kicked Greece's bum winning 2-0! Argentina is playing against Nigeria now (or soon, not sure because I'm in my room writing this post and the TV is downstairs) and apparently Argentina's team is home to the best player in the world, right now. His name is Lionel Messi. Messi's talent has been developing since before he could even walk, the story goes, but Team Barcelona quickly noticed his potential when Messi began playing professional soccer. 


From stories I've heard, I know that people are betting money on Team Argentina to win the World Cup because Messi is just too good for life. Of course, key players are important, but so is passion. One amazing player isn't going to make any one team win the entire tournament. No matter the statistics, no matter the previous World Cups won, and no matter the country, the World Cup is any one's game.