Saturday, March 27, 2010

second interview-fabulous!

I just got off the phone with a representative from Shameless Magazine, Toronto, discussing the modern all-girl Do It Yourself movement and the importance of girls using their voice of adolescence. Like my first interview, it went great. I have so much information and I am so inspired to continue to use my voice and encourage others to do the same.


I'm in a great mood right now. Girls, today, are so lucky to have so many outlets and spaces to express their thoughts, beliefs, styles, and opinions. If I had known about the all girl DIY movement when I was growing up, I would probably have been a part.


I learned that Shameless Magazine has a journalism program from young girls, called Shameless Wire, that teaches girls journalism skills (of course) and encourages them to use their voice. Those girls are so lucky. 


Shameless Magazine and Plan Canada--you are brilliant.


I'm going to go spread the amazingness that you have both spread to me today by making a tea and smiling. 


GIRLS-use your voice. 


Love.

No comments: