Wednesday, March 3, 2010

days go by.

Can someone explain to me how it is already Wednesday? I felt like this week had barely even started and then wham, we're half-way done.

The fast pace of the weeks, lately, has made me a little bit nervous. In three weeks from now, I'm going to be going insane until the end of the school year. I'll be busy with school work, work work, and exams. Will I even have time to get through everything? The good part, though, is that being busy makes the time fly even faster. That means, it'll be summer before I know it.

This summer I plan to actually enjoy myself. Last summer, I worked about 70 paid hours per week. I was working three jobs, one of them was full time, and I volunteered at FutuReale Magazine as editor and columnist. Though I have nothing but good memories and sore feet to take away from last summer, I'm planning this one a little differently. I am still working a full time job throughout all of July and August, for sure. I hope to be working part-time as STAMP/POP Leader again. Basically, I was a student leader and mentor for new students to the University of Guelph-Humber. It's absolutely amazing, I loved STAMP last year. I've applied for the position, now I'm just waiting for an answer!

If I, for one reason or another, don't get the STAMP/POP position I am going to look for another part time job for May and June. If I have no luck, I will give my manager at Kelsey's a call! They're pretty good with giving me hours and I've been working there for a long while so everything should be okay.

Since I am not living on residence next year, I won't need to make as much money as I did last summer. It'd still be nice to make all that dough but I have to also think about my health. There was a point last summer where I felt too sick to even stand. Being around kids all day at camp and then going home to grab a quick bite to eat until I was off to work at Kelsey's for the night gave me absolutely no time to myself. I lived for Saturdays when I could work on answering e-mails for STAMP, editing articles for FutuReale, and making up dance routines for the next week at camp.

I think I'm going to try and pay for my tuition and travelling costs next year-all of it. Over the course of the two semesters, I'll probably need about $6000.00 to $7000.00 dollars. I made that much last summer because I worked so many hours, but being at home next year will allow me to work at home and gradually make money to pay for school and live my life. Plus, I'll be saving about $8000.00 in living expenses.

Also, if I get the STAMP/POP position, I will be working throughout the school year on campus and off campus, recruiting and giving tours. They (Recruitment and Student Life) have changed the program to make it part-time for the entire school year! I really hope I get this position, I met so many amazing people because of it and have nothing but positive memories to think of.

Well that's my rant for the morning, it's time for me to continue practicing my Nutella speech. Yes, I am in second year university and writing a speech on how to make the perfect Nutella sandwich. No, I am not studying Nutella! I am taking a public speaking class and we do a different type of speech every few weeks and we get to choose our own topics. It sounds really cool, and it is, but it's oh so stressful.

I need to get my butt in gear at the moment so I'm going to do so.

Peace and love. Enjoy your Wednesday!

No comments: