Friday, January 29, 2010

last night, i revealed to about 10 girls that i enjoy singing at the top of my lungs for no apparent reason.

Good morning!


Last night was amazing. I went to dinner with some girlies and then we headed to my sorority sister's house to hang out, dance to La Macarena (thanks Kris), and bake "delicious" cookies. It was so fun. I'm really happy we had the chance to sit and get to know some of the girls that we never really had a chance to get to know at any other "structured" and highly unorganized event. This is great progress. Everything really does happen for a reason.


In other news...


I am going home today. I haven't been home for two weeks (which is abnormal for me) so I'm excited to see my family and our new addition. I found out that my aunt had the baby naturally, even though he was born a month early which is such good news!


This weekend I also have to think of something to do for my Culture Jamming assignment. I basically have to take something I've seen in the news/mainstream media that I dislike and (essentially) make fun of it. My roommate thought it would be cool to make fun of the TTC guy who fell asleep on the job since there is a huge scandal going on right now! She thought I should take a piece of paper pretending it to be my assignment and write "Sorry, I fell asleep" on it. I would make it pretty and make some drool marks and mascara smudges. Then, I would write a two page paper describing how this works as culture jamming. I don't know if I should do that. I think the principle behind it maks a lot of sense but shouldn't I find a more interesting way to do this? I could make a video. That'd be so intense....


Actors? Directors? Come hither! 


I have to go pack now and then go home and then see Miss Gags.


Love.

No comments: