Tuesday, November 24, 2009

life wouldn't be the same without a morning rant.

Goodmorning blogworld,

I am sitting in my school's learning commons with a peppermint tea, my laptop, and my cell phone waiting for my journalism professor to give me an update on my marks. Funny, because she said she'd be here at 10a.m. but it is now 10:29a.m. Surprise, surprise. She originally promised to be on campus yesterday all day but she missed it because her old dog had an appointment at the vets. I totally respect that your dog had an appointment and you had to be there, but our final exam is next week and I have no idea how I'm doing in the course. And to end on an even more negative note, I've been screwed over twice today but we won't go into detail :)

Other than that, my life is finally winding down. I have two more assignments to complete and the rest are exams. I'm done all of my readings and I have been doing extremely well in school. Knock on wood. Yeah, I actually just knocked on the wall beside me and the individual in front of me who is intensely creeping his laptop (but probably focusing his peripherals on how I just knocked on a wall three times) probably thinks I'm nuts, but whatever.

I can't wait until Christmas break. I have realized this year that I am actually such a family person! They're in Vegas and though I wouldn't have seen them anyways (because I'm at school) I miss talking on the phone with my mom everyday, I miss waking my dad up from his "I'm not sleeping" sleep as he watches prime time TV when I call the house, and I miss my house. University has really helped me grow up. I look at some of the people around me who focus on partying and other things other than school and family and people who really love them, and I laugh. Your family is going to be there for you no matter what. Yes, partying is so fun and I love love love singing and dancing and drinking and spending time with friends, but there is a time and a place for that. Life doesn't consist of partying all the time and getting smashed and taking new facebook photos, it consists of people who really care about you and the hard work you do that will count for your future.

I am proud to say that I haven't drank since October 3 (my birthday). Honestly, the thrill of drinking has just really dropped for me. The next morning sucks, it's fun while you're doing it but the amount of money you spend makes you want to cry, and you lose control of your actions because the alcohol consumes you.

There is so much more to life than a bottle of Jack. There is so much more to experience. I probably have a lot more to learn about life, but right now I'm very content with everything. I have amazing friends that I love with my entire heart, my family is to die for, I lucked out with a cute and loving boyfriend, and I'm right where I want to be.

A lot of people judge me, and I know they do, because I am so focused on school and so focused on my future but I don't care. You don't know my life therefore you can't judge.

I feel better now. Back to waiting for the most amazing prof in the world...

No comments: