Friday, August 28, 2009

story of my life.

Sometimes, being a girl with hardly any upper body strength really doesn't work on my side. This morning my mom left a note on the kitchen table with what my brother and I had to do today: water the flowers, take the garbage out, and unload the dishwasher. I took the garbage out and watered the flowers. When it came time to turn off the hose though, the tap was not budging. Thank goodness my brother had woken up already so he tried to turn the tap off but still no cigar.

You see, the tap we have in our backyard doesn't say "Close" or "Open" on it. It has the random brand name on it and an "O" and an "S." You'd think the "O" would stand for "Open" and the "S" for "Secure" or something. Well, as I'm trying to turn the tap towards the "S" for "Secure" it got even more stuck. Perhaps that is what it stands for. 

My brother had to use three dish towels (or mapinas as we call them) to find the strength to get the tap closed. Oh man. Sometimes helping out around the house just causes stress.

No comments: