Monday, May 11, 2009

bad bug chills.


This morning I had the pleasure of waking up to my mom yelling, "Step on it!" in a panicky tone. I assumed there was an ant or a spider (gross) walking on the floor. However, when I eventually made my way downstairs and asked her what she was gawking at she replied, "There was a huge centipede that crawled off of your brother's coat and onto the floor." I'm getting chills just thinking about it. I hate
centipedes; they remind me of any old bug-phobia horror film that has bugs crawling in and out of sink or bath drains. 

Later on, my mom asked me to go into the closet (where the centipede happened to crawl out from) and grab a sample cabinet for her work. I have never opened the closet door so slowly, I felt like I had to be extra careful in case a mother-bug fell on top of me. I still have gross chills on my back that almost resemble tiny bug feet crawling, you know that feeling?

Something I never really understood was how people (especially me) can be so afraid of bugs like centipedes and spiders when they don't do any harm. I, for one, am not afraid of ants, caterpillars, potato bugs, or lady bugs but any other long legged, long torso-ed, creepy looking fellow with more than four legs (except for caterpillars, they're not creepy) actually scare me to death. The worst--daddy long legs.

I remember one morning I woke up to a spider just hanging on a web in front of me. It attached its web to the corner of my dresser and felt like chilling just above my nose. I screamed, of course. Also, the other day I was in my dad's car getting ready to back up and a spider was just hanging from the car ceiling. I screamed, again. I think the way they move their legs in thin air creeps me out most. Spiders are like quadruple jointed, their legs are never straight. 

Writing about bugs is making me itch all over the place, so I think I'm going to stop. Bugs are so disturbing, except for when a lady bug lands in front of you; that is good luck.

No comments: