Saturday, April 11, 2009

tweet.


I gave in. I have a Twitter account. You can find me at: http://twitter.com/levianacoccia.

I don't really tweet all that much, however.

I don't really understand the point of Twitter, actually. It's sort of boring. I've only had two updates, but some of  the people I follow have had so many updates. It makes me question why people find creeping other people's lives so important. Why do we need a second Facebook account? Why do we need to know that someone else just got out of the shower? We don't need to, we just want to. 

Our reliance on instant information is like an addiction. We wait and wait and wait for someone to update their account, whether on Facebook, Myspace, or Twitter. It's all we do. We now have direct pathways into lives of other people. 

It's so creepy...but we love it.