Monday, April 6, 2009

cold, rainy, snowy? gotta love april in toronto.



When I woke up this morning, the above image is exactly what I saw. My already dirty dorm room windows were speckled with rain drops and snowflakes. The rain part I can deal with, but who likes snow in April? I finish school in three days and I am not looking forward to starting my summer in a hurricane yet alone a blizzard.

Not only is the weather gross, but it's cold too. Today, the high is +4 and the low is -2. It could be lower but it also could be higher. 

I love winter when it first starts. I love the first snowfall. But, in April everyone has had enough.

In Richmond Hill, my friends and family have reported that there is some snow that stuck to the ground. I have a friend in Alliston who told me that it is blizzarding there. 

It's April, Mother Nature. You might be laughing at us, especially because we've started to take out our Spring jackets and flats, but summer is almost here and this is how it welcomes us university students...with snow and rain and coldness?

It's bad enough that my good boots are at home and I was stuck with my fake uggs to walk across the parking lot. As you can see in the photo below, the pavement is like one giant puddle. 

I had to capture the snow on the ground here because underneath it, the grass is green. With this cold and snow, will the grass go back to its yellow-dead-brown colour? I hope not. I like green grass, it makes everything seem that much more alive.

Rain, rain go away.
Come again another day.

No comments: