Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's a heartbreaker

It is heartbreaking when over the holidays we hear of someone who is newly diagnosed with an illness. This year, it has come to my attention, that Baylee Littrell, the son of Brian (from the Backstreet Boys) and Leighanne Littrell, has been diagnosed with A-Typical Kawasaki Disease. I have always been and always will be a fan of the Backstreet Boys so to hear of this horrible news, it breaks my heart and I want to do something about it. I am not just writing this because I am a big fan of Brian and B.S.B. but because I sincerely care. I remember after the 9/11 attacks, I attended a B.S.B. concert and they held a beautiful tribute to the victims that I shed a tear or two. If B.S.B. can give back to the world, the least we can do is keep Baylee and the Littrell family in our prayers. The best I can do at this moment, is post it on my blog and tell the world about it.

"Kawasaki Disease causes inflammation in the coronary arteries as well as the walls of the small and medium sized arteries throughout the body. Unfortunately, Baylee’s coronary arteries were affected. He received an IVIG, which is a treatment to bring down the inflammation in his coronary arteries. Baylee will be closely monitored for the next 6-8 weeks by a Pediatric Cardiologist to see if the treatment was effective ("Message from the Littrell Family")."

This is so upsetting, especially since the holidays are quickly approaching.
Keep Baylee and the Littrell family in your prayers and let's hope he will be okay!

The following is a picture of Baylee with one of his helpful nurses. Let's try our best to help him out too :)


Happy Holidays!
Much love.

No comments: