Sunday, January 23, 2011

what's a sunday without one of these.

My dad always has a reason to snap at me.  Yesterday, I went out for the first time in a long while. I had so much fun! The second I walked in my front door this morning, though, my dad gave me the same look Michael Corleone gives in the Godfather when he finds out his wife aborted his baby. Extreme, I know, but my dad does the same glare every time he doesn't agree with something; even the most simplistic something imaginable.


I said, "Hi dad." Then, he pulled the look.


Why is it that I can't have one single weekend of fun without feeling guilty of it? I don't feel guilty because I went out but because I don't seem to have "pleased" my dad.


I told him life is short and if he was going to get mad at me for having one night of fun then he probably should start living a life outside his standards. Being so uptight isn't a good way to travel.


Another reason I have to be annoyed with my father? Well, there are a tonne and I don't want to make it seem like he's a bad person or anything (because he isn't, he's just Italian, stubborn, and traditional) but today he's really got me ticking.


He saw a cocoon or something else of that disgusting nature in a small crevice and walked by it. My mom saw him look at the thing and said, "Are you planning on getting rid of that?" My dad answered, "No, you can do it. Doesn't it bother you?"


Then I called him a lazy princess.


Call me mean but I stick up for what's right. I'm not saying calling my dad lazy was a good call but I'm over it.


End rant.

No comments: