Monday, May 10, 2010

hit me with your best shot, fire away.

Good morning! 


I'm going to take advantage of today's lack of rain and moderately cool weather and go for a walk! I would have gone already, but I've been trying to upload photos from Cara's birthday onto photobucket. Since I still haven't reactivated my Facebook account, and I don't plan on doing that any time soon, I've needed to find a new way to share my photos with my friends! I would've sent all the photos from Saturday in an e-mail but apparently, the photo sizes are way too big. Whatever, I hope this works!


After I finish uploading the photos, I'm going to go for a walk. I went for one last night as well, but my Mom came along. She was not really in the mood to go for a long walk, but I encouraged her to come. 


I'm not impressed with the forecast this week, though. It's going to screw up my walking schedule! It's supposed to rain on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, AND Friday. Is that really necessary? I beg to differ!


I think it's going to be a good week, despite the rain. I don't have much planned but I do plan to hang out, watch movies I've never seen, and finally finish the novel I'm reading. I haven't picked it up in a few days since this weekend was crazy busy. Most importantly though, I plan on continuing to exercise daily (whether or not the weather is cooperating). I weighed 147lbs when I started this journey to health and this morning I weighed 145lbs. I know two pounds isn't that much, but I'm happy about it. It's really hard for me to lose weight because I've never been a junk food eater, a pop drinker, or anything like that, so when I need to lose some weight, I have to cut out a lot more! 


Basically, I'm surrounding myself with tonnes of fruit and vegetables, low fat yogurts, multigrain breads, and of course, I'm stopping myself from eating when I'm full. I'm actually surprised because yesterday, I had room for more food after I ate my Nonna's Lasagne. Normally I'm stuffed because I have the Lasagne and then a slice of bread to clean my plate. This time, though, I waited until I put meat and salad on my plate to dig into the bread. Everything in moderation, I suppose.


I have a lot of will power. I mean, I can control my cravings with a cup of tea or a big glass of water. I am happy that I'm doing this the healthy way, too. I'm eating everything I need to but I'm not going overboard. :)


So far, I've eaten the following:
- 1 multigrain slice of toast (65 calories)
- I tsp of peanut butter (90 calories)
- 1 Activia peach yogurt (80 calories)
- 1 banana (90 calories)
- 1 glass of water! (0 calories)


For lunch, I want to make a zucchini omelet. :) I'm just putting one egg in the omelet though, wouldn't want to defeat the purpose of eating healthy with high cholesterol. I'll probably add some cheese in the omelet (since I don't drink milk, I need my calcium). I'm thinking of some tomatoes on the side with a slice of multigrain toast bread! That should work out to being about 300 - 350 calories. 


Last summer, I went on a 1300 calorie diet (thank you freshman fifteen) and lost about twenty pounds. So, I'm trying to stay within the 1300 calorie range. Obviously, if I go over it's not the end of the world, but until I lose the ten pounds that I want to be rid of, I'm going to stick to this pattern.


The key to losing weight? So much WATER! Well, that's easy for me, since I can drink a gallon a day and still be thirsty.


Much love.

No comments: