Sunday, April 11, 2010

clash of the titans.

My boyfriend convinced me to go see "Clash of the Titans" with him tonight. I was expecting "Lord of the Rings" meets "300." Let me get this straight - I am not a fan of "Lord of the Rings" or any other movies that involve men in skirts, fighting with swords, absurd violence, and made up languages. I don't think the concepts of those types of films are boring, but watching them on the big screen is just not for me! 


However - I was unexpectedly enjoying myself tonight. "Clash of the Titans" was a little cheesy and had a little too much emphasis on loving Higher Powers, but I didn't think the film sucked (which is probably a good start).


There was only one small problem - the girl beside me was legit blowing bubbles with her gum, chomping like a horse, and sitting forward in her seat for the entire movie. I wanted to throw my empty frozen yogurt container at her.


Yes - I got frozen yogurt (fat free with no additional sugar - woohoo) and it was delicious! Nick got Burger King - of course, he did.


But, that was my date night in a nutshell. Oh! And Nick even went to show me the car he wants (the 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee I mentioned in a previous post). Turns out, he's possibly getting a used 2008 model, if he sells his car, and his dad is paying for it! Nick's working with his dad for the next two-three summers to pay off the car. 


I felt a little bit better one he informed me of this. I still don't think Nick needs a new car, but apparently his dad wants him to get a new, and better, vehicle. I wouldn't get my kid a new car if she or he had a perfectly good one already, but what can I do? Nick is not my son. I guess I just have to love him no matter what car he has. I'm weird because I'd probably be totally okay with him not driving anything at all. In fact, I'd be just fine with that.


My boy doesn't need a fat wallet or a fancy car to make me happy :)


Goodnight, TITANS!

No comments: