Friday, March 12, 2010

i've been m.i.a.

For the past day and a bit, which seemed like an eternity, I haven't really been keeping track of my life on this blog and I haven't really been engaging with my followers, either. I'm sorry! I've been extremely busy with school and work.

I have a moment or two now to post, so that is why I am doing so :)

It's raining today and that has made me extremely stuffy inside. I woke up with a bit of a stuffy nose and a sore throat. I also woke up earlier than I needed to because I could hear the rain drops hitting my window. Tick. Tick. Tick. It's quiet now, but still very gray outside.

I can't wait for it to be sunny again. According to the weather (which always has the chance of being extremely wrong), Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday will be bright.

This brightness is going to be needed on my end. I am going to be so busy from now until the end of April. It's time to put in extra hours at work because I'm planning a recruiting event for April 25. I've been contacting so many industry publications that reflect specific programs at my school and by next week I will need to have contacted absolutely everyone. My supervisor tells me that after all of this is said and done, the fun starts. We are going to order balloons, food, contact student life services (like Athletics and the Health Centre), etc.

I was really stressed out yesterday because I'm never quite sure if I can handle doing all of this work (even though it's really not that much) and still do well in school. Right now, I'm still breathing. I'm just scared for the last week of school (April 12-16) because the event I'm planning will be right around the corner! My supervisor knows that school is my first priority, but I've also come to love what I do in the office. I'm just an Events Assistant, but it's my first time getting my hands dirty in a real live event that people actually come to for different purposes than a party or social gathering.

School is going to buckle down on me, too, and hard. I'm ahead in my readings but I still have nine assignments to be completed before I finish this semester, plus two final exams. I've only been assigned two out of those nine assignments as of yet, and I've been working on one of them--collecting research and whatnot. I have all night tonight and all day tomorrow to get even more ahead in my readings and start that other assignment. Wish me luck, I feel the pressure.

On Sunday, I have my interview for the STAMP/POP position that I held last summer. It's a two-and-a-half hour interview! Sounds intimidating, I know, but it's a carousel interview. Basically, fifteen or so interviewees are going to gather and go through a cycle (speed-dating style) and be asked questions by a number of interviewers.

I hope it goes well. I really loved working at STAMP last year and I can't wait to do it again.

Well, that's my life on an academic basis. I'll start another post about my life (non-academically) now, so you don't get dragged down in this already-mother-size-of-a-post.

Love.

No comments: