Sunday, January 10, 2010

my posts are getting more and more insignificant, please forgive me.

Ello, ello, ello (Yeah, I said that in a British accent, almost like Hugh Grant's in "Bridget Jones' Diary" but not manly),


I am sitting at my desk in residence after successfuly cleaning my entire room, organizing everything, and unpacking accordingly. I am pretty happy with the results of my cleaning/organizing/packing tonight, but I know the perfection currently inhabiting my room will not last long.


I do have something I've been dying to blog about all day, though.


Ready? 


Last night I got to page 310 of the book I'm reading, "Love the One You're With." The chapter just before this page was breathtaking and pretty eventful. Wouldn't you know it that the 30 or so pages after 310 were of copied text from earlier on in the novel? Yes, that's right, my copy of "Love the One You're With" had no ending. I was devestated last night. I went to bed trying to figure out what would happen between main character Ellen and her ex-boyfriend Leo as they made their way to Coney Island, New York via subway. But no...that just couldn't happen last night.


So, tonight I called Indigo (the bookstore near my house) and asked if they could do a straight exchange and give me a brand new copy of "Love the One You're With" because mine was faulty! I eventually received my new copy with little hardship and I am so excited to find out what happens.


I also e-mailed Emily Giffin, the author of the novel, just to let her know of my situation in case other copies of her books were faulty like mine. I'm not sure what that will do, but I just thought I'd give her a heads up. Judging by the way she writes, she seems pretty down to earth! 


I realize that the excitement in my life comes from a book. Enclosed, there is a ficitonal story filled with drama, love, infidelity, temptation, and secrets. Then again, I don't have Gossip Girl, Glee, or the Vampire Diaries to consume me at the moment so this will just have to do.


I told you I'd finish "Love the One You're With" by the end of the week! If it wasn't for last night, I'd be done. :) 

No comments: