Sunday, January 17, 2010

just missed a man being stabbed, oh hey toronto.

Today my mom and I went downtown to surprise my Nonno and Nonna.


On the way down, though, there was a little more action on Dufferin St. than normal. 


Just two blocks north of Dufferin and Bloor, a man wearing a blue bandana around his face, dressed in all black sheepishly and suspiciously walked between a few stores. My mom turned to me and said, "I don't like the way that guy looks. He looks like he just stabbed someone." She locked the doors. I laughed and said "Mom, he's probably just high."


As we reached Bloor street, the traffic picked up and we noticed between 6 and 10 police cruisers parked on either side of Dufferin Subway Station, blocking the area off with yellow caution tape.


My mom got really nervous but managed to drive on.


Then, we got to my Nonno and Nonna's house and turned on CP24. Just before 3:00p.m., a man was stabbed in the neck at Dufferin Station. He is at St. Michael's hospital and his injuries are not life threatening. However, police do say that there is one man whom they are aware of to suspect.


Could it be the creeper we saw quickly walking and hiding two blocks north of Bloor? Or am I just stereotyping when I really shouldn't be?


I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: