Friday, January 15, 2010

don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade.

Hello, hello, hello,


The first week of school finally arrived and officially went in a quite positive manner. Though my Monday's are long, I have nothing negative to say about any of my professors nor any of my classes. My first class, Digital Design, is a course based on the fine details and the how-to's of various Adobe programs like Illustrator, InDesign, PhotoShop, and PowerPoint. My second class, Radio Broadcasting, is with the most amazing man in the world named Mike Karapita. My third class, Desire and Discontent, is about the psychology of feelings, needs, and emotional patterns. My fourth class, Subcultures in the Mainstream Media, is about the subcultural groups that find different ways of dealing with mainstream trends and media. Lastly, my fifth class, Presentations and Persuasion, is with the greatest American I've ever met--Dr. Greg Kelley.


I feel like this semester is going to be both easy and challenging because as much as I'll have a lot of work to do in the next couple of weeks, everything seems pretty fun (minus a few essays here and there). 


To make things even greater, I only had to buy three textbooks! My other courses either have articles uploaded online for our use or have no reading whatsoever.


I will also only be writing two midterms and two exams this semester! 


That's the only update I have for my classes so far. As for work, things are going well. I was really nervous to start training for the Events Assistant position, but things are looking brighter. I am basically going to help plan GH LYNC, which is a day where highschool students can come to my school before the offer acceptance deadline hits the Ontario University Application Centre and seriously consider whether Guelph-Humber is the place for them.


We're going to have industry speakers, information sessions, games, and all sorts of good stuff (even food)! 


On a more social level, last night I went to Linx Pub, which is the pub on my campus, and drank, danced, and sang the night away with Ashlee, Kris, and Melissa. I had tonnes of fun and I want to make a point to go out more this semester, even when things get busy. 


I also want to make a point to try and go to the gym, whether to take a class or work out, at least once or twice a week. Yesterday, I took a meditation/stretch class and loved every minute of it. Basically, it was yoga/meditation! Even though it was relaxing and very refreshing, my leg muscles are killing (which is probably the result of a yoga-dancing filled evening).


This week was a good one! Hope yours was too.


XO

No comments: