Monday, January 4, 2010

despite the typo, i agree.




When I hear all these stories about people falling out of love, I want to scream. How do you fall out of love with someone? I understand that you can fall out of like but not love. Love is a mutual action between two people that never dies, no matter what. Though some may say they love another, they may not fully understand the word's meaning which causes chaos.


I guess this is just my perspective, so with all due respect if you think that you can stop loving someone, all the power to ya, but I disagree. 


Everyone has their reasons for feeling insecure, uncertain, and confused when it comes to love but love is more of a lifestyle than any old feeling. In order to love someone with all of one's heart, one must love themselves first. Once one is able to do so, then they will be able to get to know others which will lead them to loving someone. 


I understand that we are all at different stages in our lives. Joe might want to play the field. Mary might want to focus on her career. However, there is also a person like me who wants to figure life out with a loved one right beside them.


In my relationship so far, I've learned that it's better to go through things with the person you love and work towards a better future whether together or apart to get to know the person inside and out and to begin to accept them for who they are.


Love was never meant to be easy. In fact, if love was easy then there probably wouldn't be any wars or any hatred because we'd all just accept everybody and live our lives honestly and loyally. We would have more friends than enemies, we wouldn't live by strict expectations, and we would be completely selfless.


One of my biggest pet peeves is when traditional adults try and put an age range on when an individual can start to love another person. I have my share of stories on this topic to the point where I can't even reach out for support or comfortably talk about how I'm feeling. I also dislike the fact that once the girl's got a ring on her finger, all systems go! What if society never started using the ring as a symbol of eternity and just trusted the promise rather than the material symbol?


I could "What if" on this topic all night, but instead I'll let you think about it. One thing I can assure you, though, is that when I have a family of my own, there will be nothing but support, approval, and guidance especially when it comes to love.

2 comments:

Lketchup said...

I agree with you whole-heartedly.
People don't fall "out of love". They can fall out of "like" or even out of "lust". But love? Love is so much bigger than they realize. Too big to fall out of. :P
Loved this whole post, most definitely.

Amanda DiPasquale said...

Hey Leviana! I stumbled across your blog through a friend and I think it's really great. I especially like this post. I like your take on love. I feel people make too many excuses when it comes to relationships. I like when you say you want to figure out life with a loved one beside you. That is key! If you're interested you can check me out at: notamodel.blogpost.com