Monday, December 14, 2009

cha-ching, i'm spending money.




I am almost done my Christmas shopping! I just have to buy for my boyfriend, for my parents, and for my friend Kris as a part of a five-way Kris Kringle between me and my besties. My boy and I are going downtown one day to go shopping for each other's presents. I'm pretty stoked because I love getting to pick out things. For Kris, me and four of my best friends are doing Kris Kringle this year and we're going to go shopping and pick out gifts together as well. 


I have been putting a lot of thought into my gifts this year and I think that's because when you put thought into them, the thought really shows. I love Christmas shopping because it feels good to give!


Christmas shopping also means that I get to pick my gift from my grandparents. My Nonno and Nonna tell my mom to go buy presents on behalf of them for my brother and I. My mom hardly knows what to get me so I get to try on a number of outfits and choose what I like. Today, I tried on this really cute jean jacket from Forever XXI, which is the reason for the photo in this post. This makes me sound soo selfish...


On a more unselfish note, my family and I decorated my house today (including the Christmas tree that we got last night). There were some technical difficulties with the tree stand, as always, but now everything is beautiful and bright! 


I am in the process of figuring out when I'm going to see my boyfriend and do our Christmas shopping. Everytime I come home, trying to see him is so hard! When he's off work, I'm starting work. When I'm done exams, he has exams. When he's free, I have plans. When I'm free, he has plans. A lot of people think it's weird that we aren't always together when I'm home. We are two completely different people and I don't think we'd work if we saw each  other every day or every few days. We work best when we see each other once or twice a week because then we actually enjoy each other's presence and look forward to seeing each other. I wouldn't want it any other way, I just wish planning was easier.


No comments: