Monday, November 16, 2009

gagaoohlala.

I haven't written in a while because my life has consisted of being a homework fiend, watching Gossip Girl, and selecting my courses for next semester. As of today, all I have to work on are group projects and study for a few exams. I am quite content with that. The only problem is that these group projects and my nerves will be the death of me (intended reference to Dallas Green).

Remember that essay I was telling you about discussing Fair Use and Fair Dealing in terms of education? Well, I proudly handed it in this morning. I couldn't read it over last night or this morning because I was too nervous but the last time that I did look it over, everything seemed to flow! I even went to the Writing Centre on campus to double-check sentence structure and syntax and that went well. So, Ian (my professor) I just handed in an essay that I spent forever on. It is fair to say that I have emotional attachment to this paper because I absolutely need to show you how ambitious I can be...and possibly get an 80 in the course. Please keep that in mind, thank ya.

As for course selection, that was a mission and a half that succeeded after a very long and exhausting process. Every semester, my school designates one day for each year to select their courses. Today, second years got to choose. However, everyone is on the same system (WebAdviser) at the same time. This amazing time, 7:00 a.m. I might add, slows down the system causing major crashing, frustration, and the chance that you will not get your desired courses, course times, and professors. I lucked out and got everything I desired after an hour and a half of pressing refresh. Dear University of Guelph-Humber, figure out how to use our tuition to fix your damn course selection program. It's not like we don't pay you enough.

On a more positive note, life is good! I am going to dinner tonight to celebrate my friends' birthdays, I have a day off tomorrow, and I can smell the productivity in the air. Yes, I am excited to do work and to get everything finished! :)

Ahh man random thought, but I just remembered that I forgot to write love on my arms for To Write Love on Her Arms day. Gah, see what being a nerd does to me? I focus more on school work (and Glee) then anything else! I guess that's not a bad thing, since school is legit a full time job. I guess there is always next year!

The only bit that sucks about life is that I haven't seen some very important people in a long long long time-Cass, Tash, Vic, Cara, and Kris! I miss you girlies. I hope I can see you soon.

Now, I must go make a video blog for a group assignment--at least try to. Before I go, though, I want to share the most interesting fun fact I learned today in Contemporary Narrative. "Sometimes" by the Beatles and "Layla" by Eric Clapton were written for the same girl. CUTE.

Oh and my thoughts about the new band Owl City: The Postal Service has been there and done that. I take my hat off to Dan Levy from MTV for Tweeting something along those lines.

Love, love.

No comments: