Sunday, October 4, 2009

she wants to dance all night but school is a factor in preventing this.

Yesterday was my 19th birthday :) As a result, I went downtown with some friends to Light Lounge where we drank, danced, and sang the night away. Apart from a few glitches here and there and a few friends who couldn't make it, the night was really awesome.

To be completely honest, I hate planning parties. They're stressful, people screw you over, and it costs a whole lot of money! I've never been the type of person to beg people for money in order to get somewhere, but in this case, I had no choice. So, I pestered and bothered all my guests until I had a confirmed guest list and an accurate price. But of course, people like to cancel on me last minute. In the end, though, it worked out and my friend ended up coming despite the cold she was fighting. Some good friends were still missing, but now that I'm 19 there is nothing stopping me from going out and having fun with friends...besides homework and work.

Now that my birthday weekend has come to an end, I've realized that this week is going to bring a whole lot of work. I have three assignments due this week, three midterms in two weeks, and another assignment due during this time period. On top of all of that, I have a gazillion readings to do. That being said, I am quite proud of myself because I haven't let myself get behind in school.

Back on the birthday topic...I took a bunch of pictures that I can't wait to post! See, my camera cord is broken and won't upload photos to my computer and sparingly charges my camera so I'm just living day to day and hoping that my camera doesn't fail on me too. I am hoping to buy a cord off of ebay soon for real cheap to prevent this from happening! I've always been the type of person to upload photos right after an event for sharing, commenting, and tagging but this lack of cord business is driving me up the WALL. Everything happens for a reason, I suppose.

On that note, I had a great birthday :) But, the party has come to an end and it's time to kick it in gear and plow through readings and assignments like no tomorrow. Wish me luck, I'll need it. I have this tendency to stray from what I'm doing to doing something more intriguing like reading blogs and writing in my very own. I'm sort of an Internet creep like that. Not in a bad way though, I'm not that creepy, I just like looking and reblogging.

Happy homeworking everyone. I can't believe it's already midterm time!

No comments: