Monday, September 14, 2009

rest in peace patrick swayze.



It is every girl's dream to have had the chance to dance with the man who started everything Dirty Dancing. Mr. Patrick Swayze has left this earth today, free from his terminal pancreatic cancer. 

Sadly, I found out the news from an overblown Facebook status update about the star's passing. Just to make sure this wasn't another TMZ or Twitter mishap, I Google-Newsed it. It was then made clear that Swayze certainly had passed.

I immediately texted my mom, who has been a fan for as long as I can remember, and turned on "I Had the Time of My Life" from the motion picture soundtrack that we all know and love. Next up, "Hungry Eyes."

The first time I watched Dirty Dancing, I was in my P.J.'s glued to the television set. My dad walked by and shook his head at the sexy dancing taking place on the screen but my eyes were still fixed on the way the girls' dresses would flow and how strong the boys were.

I was lucky enough to see the musical in Toronto two years ago, which was absolutely fabulous. 

I never knew the man, but I am upset that he is gone. There was always something about Swayze that brought out a spark in me. He was such a hard working individual and very talented. May he rest in peace.

:( 

No comments: