Friday, September 25, 2009

birthday hugs.

For those of you who know me, I've always been the type of person to put others before myself. Whether it costs me an arm and a leg or nothing at all, it is my utmost desire to put a smile on someone I love's face. I guess it's just the way I was brought up. Every time I succeed, not only is my victim (for lack of a better word, hardcore) smiling but so am I.

Yesterday was my best friend Tash's 19th birthday. She was having her birthday dinner in my hometown. Unfortunately, I thought I couldn't make it because I had class until after 8 p.m. In class, though, my prof told us that the class would be ending early. I got the biggest idea light-bulb possible turn on and proposed to my other best friend Amanda sitting to my left if she'd like to accompany me to surprise Tash and end up being at her dinner, in spite of it all?! Of course, Amanda said yes just because she is that awesome and superb and everything in between! The only problem was that we didn't have a ride. However, a friend of mine from high school was willing to pick us up from school and drive us back home after the dinner.

So, we left class a little bit early and dashed on over to my room to get ready. Trying on outfits, shoes, fixing hair, and putting on makeup could probably take a girl all day. But no, Amanda and I succeeded in this overwhelming mission of looking somewhat decent by the time my friend was going to arrive.

After we picked up some flowers and made our way over to the restaurant, I was texting Tash explaining to her that I was pretty much devestated that I couldn't come to her birthday dinner. I probably would have texted that to her if I wasn't coming, but the situation just got better just because I was totally pulling her leg.

When we got to the restaurant and finally got seated, we anticipated Tash's arrival. When she did come, Amanda and I hid behind two menu-folds and I texted Tash saying "You look so pretty." Can I just say that I've never seen this girl so happy in my entire life and I've been close with her since like 2004/2005. She screamed. She hugged me and Amanda. She was in shock and said our surprise had made her night! It made me feel special that I was able to bring a smile to her face on her birthday :) We have been very close for a long time and there is always something that prevents me from celebrating her birthday with her. Last year, I had a wedding to go to. This year, it was class. Oh hell no, I did not miss that!

Tash, I love you! Happy belated birthday. You're absolutely amazing and I can't wait to see you tomorrow night and party for real. I miss you already and I just saw you yesterday. No matter what happens from this point on please know in your heart that if there was anything that took you away from me, I'd probably be a lost cause. I love you bocconcino bambina. Bahaha. That just gave me an idea for your card :) Oh dear, do you have something to look forward to.

Amanda, thank you for coming with me! I love you so much and I had a tonne of fun with you last night. I love talking to you and having sleepovers with you! I can't wait until next Thursday and Friday when we can do this all over again. You're superb. Actually. I love you! Miss you! Try and enjoy your weekend, even though you have to work. Text me whenever, I will most definitely answer you :) I'll probably text you cause if I don't talk to you for more than a day I go insane.

I am off to go eat a Hamburger! That was just my little sentimental update for ya!

1 comment:

tash <3 said...

You really did make my birthday so special! I love you so much, I can't even explain. I think I've told everyone I've seen today how happy I was when you came. That was the best present you could have ever given me! You mean the world to me bella, and I would not be able to function without you in my life either! YOU'RE AMAZING <3

see you tomorrow lovely <3

THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN TO YOU AND AMANDA XOXO