Wednesday, April 1, 2009

don't hate on your face.


I am just browsing PerezHilton.com and I came across this quote from the legendary Miss Stevie Nicks. It's to the point, honest, and rather refreshing. Here it is:

"I had Botox and I hated it. For four long months, I looked like a different person. It almost brought down the whole production of the last tour. It was so bad, I would look into the mirror and burst into tears. Botox is becoming the new face of beauty and it’s unfortunate because it makes everybody look like Satan’s children. Everybody has pointed eyebrows. Everybody looks related. All the Desperate Housewives look like sisters. If you’re an unattractive girl who’s trying to be beautiful with Botox, forget it. If you are a beautiful girl who’s trying to be beautiful with Botox, you will look like you’re angry all the time. You’d have to tie me down to get me to do it again."

Quite frankly, I would never get Botox either. Not only do I hate needles (in fact I'm petrified by them, they make me faint) but it's sort of pointless. You're distorting your face so you can feel better about yourself but in the end won't the fact that your face is fake haunt you more than your original "problem?" 

On another note, do you really want to be a part of a look-a-like cult? The best example of this that is coming to my mind right now The Stepford Wives. You probably won't want to do that because in reality, who actually looks that perfect? Do you want to lie to yourself for the rest of your life? Don't let yourself say what you said when you were five years old and your mother wouldn't let you go to the park with the other kids, "But everyone else is doing it." It's pointless.
 
It's like you're making up a myth to hold onto because you don't want to see your real self. You're trying to comprehend your face by reconstructing it. 

Seriously, just don't do it. Love the way you were made because no matter what you think about yourself and no matter how much money you pay to de- and reconstruct your face/body, you won't be happy. 

The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself  (thank you the City) so if deep down you hate the way you look, you need to work on that before you work on anything else.

As corny as it sounds, don't commit yourself to a permanent mask. 

If you want to change, do it the healthy way. Love yourself, work out, eat better products. 

Don't resort to a needle.

No comments: